23rd Logicom Cyprus Marathon
The main race of the event weekend is the Marathon (42.2km / 26.2 miles) which features a breath-taking scenery from Start to Finish. Starting at Aphrodite’s Birthplace, the course follows a coastal route along the Mediterranean Sea. Throughout the course you will discover traditional villages of Pafos and enjoy the famous Mediterranean hospitality with fluid stations every 3km and cheering support in most of the course. The course is accredited by AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) and is clearly marked at every Kilometer. The race is managed under IAAF rules.
The Marathon will start from Petra Tou Romiou (Aphrodite’s Birthplace) at exactly 7:30 a.m.
Free coaches will depart between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. from Kato Pafos Harbour Bus Station (300 meters from Pafos Castle) to take you to the Start Point. Please bring no valuables to the start.
All participants will receive:
Goodie Bags, containing:
- Technical Running T-shirt
- HIGH5 Energy gels
- Race Number, Micro-Chip Timing and Pins
- Draw-string bag and luggage label
- Biofreeze gel sachets
- Free multi-use OSYPA Bus Pass (on local Pafos buses) for Saturday and Sunday travel (for international runners only)
- Presents and goodies from our sponsors
On the course:
- Lead and Sweep vehicles
- Three pacers for the Marathon 3:30hrs, 4:00hrs and 4:30 hrs
- Fluid Stations every 3km (Sponges, Electrolytes & Water)
- Electronic Split Timing, Cameras and Recorders at strategic points
- Toilet facilities at: Start, 13km, 22km, 32km, 35km and at the finish
- HIGH5 Isogel at the 27km
- Bananas at the 18km and 39km
- Medical, Biofreeze and Ambulance support throughout the course and at the finish.
At the finish:
- Medal of participation for all finishers
- Trophies for Men’s and Women’s age group winners (Award Ceremony)
- Certificate of your performance
- Water, electrolytes, juices, beer and fruit (bananas and oranges)
- Post-race physiotherapy care/advice
- Bag storage service from DHL (drop-off at the start)
- Results service and race video published on the web site.
- Photographs will be uploaded to the web site within 24-48 hours after the event completion
Groups of volunteer marshals will assist in guiding runners throughout the course. The Pafos Police will also keep a watchful eye on runners, thereby, ensuring their safety.
Cut-off Time: There is a cut off time of 6:00 hrs. Marathon runners who fail to pass from the half-marathon checkpoint at 21km within 3 hours and 15 minutes will be disqualified and transferred by car to the finish area. Slow runners / walkers who are expected to finish above 5 hours and 30 minutes, will be asked by the Police to finish the race by running on the pavement to allow the roads from reopening.
19th March 2021: Cyprus Marathon Symposium
23rd March 2021: Cyprus Wine Run
Team Awards & Discounts
The first man and first lady of the Logicom Cyprus Marathon will be honoured with a wreath from olive leaves straight from the Marathon in Athens, which are immersed in gold; the same honour as the winners of the Cape Town Marathon and the Boston Marathon.
Team competition: Teams with four or more runners will automatically be entered in the team competition (first four runners to count). Trophies will be awarded to the first three teams (overall).
Trophies will be awarded to the Top 3 of each Age Category:
|18 – 29||18 – 29|
|30 – 39||30 – 39|
|40 – 44||40 – 44|
|45 – 49||45 – 49|
|50 – 54||50 – 54|
|55 – 59||55 – 59|
|60 – 64||60 – 64|
|65 – 69||65 – 69|
|70 – 74||70 – 74|
Collection of race numbers and the goody bag, can be made from the Marathon Expo at the following dates/times:
Friday 19th March: 09:00 – 18:00 hrs
Saturday 20th March : 09:00 – 18:00 hrs
Only in special cases, you can get your goody bags on race day. Your goody bag can also be picked up by a friend/family. Please e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org